A Personal Insurance Update
As you consider buying your first or second home, it pays to have a good understanding of just what you are getting into when it comes to home ownership. Here are a few tips for you to think about before you make that move.
· If you rent now, it would be good to have renter’s insurance. Even if it for a short period, renter’s insurance can cover certain losses during the move.
· When looking for a home consider things like the distance of the house to the nearest fire station and are there fire hydrants in your neighborhood?
· Think about the age of the house as some older home can be very costly to replace.
· If you are building a house, does it make sense to install sprinklers?
· Is the location in a flood zone or prone to flooding?
· Is the area in an earthquake zone?
· Check with the local police to see the crime rate of the neighborhood.
· Always have your home inspected before you commit to buy.
Don’t wait until the last minute to think about homeowner’s insurance and don’t be shy about asking for estimates on more than one house. Ask if the house will qualify, and get an estimate of the premium. Call our office, and we can help you understand how these and other items will affect your homeowner’s insurance costs.
Choosing the right coverage for your home may depend on a number of factors. You generally need enough insurance to cover the cost of rebuilding your home and replacing your personal possessions.
These are just a few of the personal insurance issues that can create real problems for you. Call our office for a free review. Please contact us or give us a call to learn more. You can also request a quote if you’re ready to start on a policy. Valley oaks Insurance Agency is proud to provide insurance in Roseville, Sacramento, Lincoln, Granite Bay, Rancho Cordova, and Folsom, CA. We also serve other areas in the state.
The information shared in this blog is provided and written on an opinion basis and for informational purposes, they do solely represent the opinions of Valley Oaks Insurance.