Have you read your homeowner’s insurance policy? The last thing we want for you is to have a loss, only to find out it is not covered. So, we hope you read your homeowner’s insurance policy to see what coverage you have. Personal insurance is not designed to cover every kind of event or claim; however, it does cover many perils to which you may be exposed.
Here are some items to consider
· All losses or claims are subject to your policy deductible.
· Flood insurance is excluded from homeowner’s policies. You can purchase flood insurance through a separate policy.
· Collectibles -- Without specific additional coverage, the cost to replace any of your collectibles may be far greater than the investment you initially made.
· Jewelry -- If you own expensive jewelry you will need to add it under a rider with the full replacement value.
· Rental property -- If you use your primary home for a rental, you will have coverage limitations.
· Watercraft -- Your homeowner’s insurance does not cover watercraft over a certain length.
· Items left in your car are generally not covered under your homeowner’s insurance policy.
· Termites -- To protect your home, you’ll need to invest in a separate termite protection plan.
These are just a few of the insurance issues that can create real problems for you. Call our office for a free review. Please contact us or give us a call to learn more. You can also request a quote if you’re ready to start on a policy. Valley oaks Insurance Agency is proud to provide insurance in Roseville, Sacramento, Lincoln, Granite Bay, Rancho Cordova, and Folsom, CA. We also serve other areas in the state.
The information shared in this blog is provided and written on an opinion basis and for informational purposes, they do solely represent the opinions of Valley Oaks Insurance.