A Homeowner’s Insurance Update
Most people only think about their homeowner’s insurance once a year when the policy renews, or if they have a claim. With Spring here and summer coming, now is a good time to review all your insurance needs. The changing seasons could mean the need to change your insurance coverage, limits or deductibles.
• Have us complete a review of your homeowner’s insurance. We can identify gaps in coverage.
• Develop a home inventory. A complete home inventory benefits homeowners and insurers by supplying both parties with the tools to make better, more informed insurance decisions.
• Keep your home inventory away from your home; store it in the “cloud” or with a family member.
• Store your homeowner’s policy in a safe place, where it won’t get damaged.
• Keep your important family documents in a locked fireproof box.
• Take a video of your home, inside and out, including all your personal property.
• Once damage occurs, use the video to confirm damage.
• You have the right to hire a contractor to make emergency repairs to prevent further damage.
Understand that under a standard homeowner’s policy, you are not covered for things like floods or earthquakes. These are items for which you must purchase separate coverage.
Please contact us or give us a call to learn more. You can also request a quote if you’re ready to start on a policy. Valley oaks Insurance Agency is proud to provide insurance in Roseville, Sacramento, Lincoln, Granite Bay, Rancho Cordova, and Folsom, CA. We also serve other areas in the state.
The information shared in this blog is provided and written on an opinion basis and for informational purposes, they do solely represent the opinions of Valley Oaks Insurance.